Thursday 26 May 2011

Fruit cage and other packages

Arrived home tonight to a lovely double surprise from Mr Postman. Most exciting was the arrival of the fruit cage from the nice people at William James & Co. It's just a big pile of metal tubes and a bag of netting at the moment, but come the weekend (weather permitting) it'll be transformed into the fruit cage of our dreams. I know, I'm far too excited about this...


There was also a second package, this was a bit unexpected as I'd kind of forgotten I'd ordered anything else in the excitement surrounding the fruit cage. It ended up being a selection of brasica plants and a Bilberry bush I'd ordered a few weeks ago. 



Perfect timing on the bush front, a bit less so for the brasicas as I don't quite have room for them at the moment and other jobs planned for the weekend. So, I quickly potted them up into something they'll be happy in till next week when I can get them in the ground. 

Now the fruit cage is here there's even more motivation to spend the next couple of evenings clearing the ground where it's going to live. Fingers crossed for the weather...

5 comments:

john bain said...

Blimey! I find myself sharing your excitement. Hope it's all there. I don't want to hear any cursing. :-)

Martin and Amy said...

Hope all goes well!!

Very exciting!! :0)

Martin :)

melsanford said...

Woohoo! Finally here! You've got some hard work ahead - can't wait to see the results. Good luck! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sue Garrett said...

I had a plant package yesterday too - must go pot them up soon.

Jo said...

Exciting. I'll keep my fingers crossed for fine weather for the weekend for you, well for me as well, I've got loads of jobs to do on the allotment.